Each room in your home serves a specific purpose
From the living room where we spend time with family, to the kitchen, which is often the heart of the home where we cook, eat, and entertain guests. The bathroom is an essential space for personal hygiene. Occasionally, we need to remodel or change things up to enhance the appearance and functionality of our homes. For some homebuyers, purchasing an older home to renovate is a more cost-effective solution than building a new home or searching for the perfect property.
So let’s look at 15 ways to increase the functionality of your home.
In the Kitchen
- New Kitchen Faucet - Splurge and get that amazing faucet you saw online. It doesn’t hurt at all to pamper yourself occasionally with a nice gift. New touchless faucets use motion sensors to turn the water on and off, reducing the spread of germs and making cleaning up easier.
- Add a Pot Filler - A pot filler is a small water faucet installed near the stovetop so you can easily add water to whatever you’re cooking as needed.
- Add Kitchen Lighting - Task lighting, under-cabinet lighting, and over-cabinet lighting are extremely important to the kitchen’s overall functionality.
- Smart Refrigerators - These refrigerators come equipped with touchscreens and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to manage your grocery list, stream music or TV shows, and even control other smart home devices.
- Induction Cooktops -Induction cooktops use electromagnetic energy to heat up the cookware directly, making them faster and more efficient than traditional gas or electric cooktops.
- Voice-Activated Appliances - With voice-activated appliances, you can control your kitchen appliances using your voice commands, making cooking easier and more convenient.
- Wi-Fi Enabled Ovens - Wi-Fi enabled ovens allow you to remotely control and monitor your oven using your smartphone, ensuring your dishes are perfectly cooked every time.
- Smart Dishwashers - Smart dishwashers come equipped with sensors that detect how dirty your dishes are and adjust the wash cycle accordingly, saving you time and energy.Built-In Coffee Systems: These appliances can grind and brew coffee with the touch of a button, creating barista-quality coffee drinks in the comfort of your own home.
- Add Storage - Toe-kick drawers, narrow spice racks tucked away beside the refrigerator, vertical storage areas, and magnetic strips for knives help organize the kitchen and improve storage.
- Build a Butler’s Pantry - The butler’s pantry was once an area where the butler could ensure that every dish was perfect before it was taken into the dining room to serve homeowner. Today’s butler’s pantry is a magical place where the dirty work can be done while the kitchen remains clean and tidy.
In the Bathroom
- New Toilet - Save water and update your toilet at the same time.
- New Bathroom Furniture - Go for an updated sink, vanity, faucets, and fixtures. Try open shelving or other decorative options.
- Add Bathroom Lighting - Windows, top lights, task lighting, and wall sconces are beautiful ways to add lighting to the bathroom.
- New Shower Head - A new shower head can help reduce water consumption and deliver an amazingly refreshing shower.
Around the House
- Remove a Few Walls - Open up the floor plan to improve flow and functionality. Just make sure you’re not removing load-bearing walls.
- Remodel the Bedroom Suite - The bedroom suite is generally the last to get any attention because you’re so focused on remodeling the kitchen, bath, or basement. Stop and consider the amazing things you could do with a newly remodeled bedroom suite.
- Add Hidden Storage - The key to maintaining a tidy home is organization. Hidden storage under the stairs, behind false walls or shelves, or even under furniture is a wonderful way to store things.
- Build a Garage or a Room above the Garage - A garage provides much more than just a way to store seasonal equipment and park your vehicles. Create a workshop, a mudroom, or anything else your heart desires.
- Remodel the Basement - The basement is a wonderful way to add functional square footage to your home. Even a finished basement needs attention from time to time to make it really function as part of the home.
Starwood Renovation has provided excellent carpentry services for more than 30 years in the Denver metro.
See our list of remodel services.
Contact us to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Check out our portfolio to see examples of our work.
Read reviews from other happy customers.